View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 04:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
uncle holmes

Sammybee, my advice to you is don't drink. I first sobered up at 18 yrs old. And I thought similar to you - that if I drank that I could always go back to AA and sober up. Problem is that one time of drinking turned into 10 more years of drinking while going in and out of AA. In other words, just cause you make it back into AA doesn't mean you'll maintain sobriety. And trust me, it did get worse and harder to quit each time I went back out. Almost didn't make it back. Luckily for me, I now have 20 yrs sobriety. But I've seen many others who weren't quite as lucky once they went back out.

Remember, we're dealing with a disease that we have no control of once we pick up. The craving of the body and obsession of the mind will surely take over once you pick up again. My advice to you is get back to meetings. Get a sponsor. Work the steps. Pray first thing in the morning. Read 2 pages out of the BB every day starting with the preface to page 164. Call at least one alcoholic up every day. Act as if your life is on the line. This will more than likely wipe out your thinking of taking a drink.

I'm willing to be your online sponsor if you want.