View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

YW Look.
Just keep passing it on. Oops! I meant it will come out alright in the . . .never mind. Maybe we are all just full of it?

Courage is not the absence of fear, but thinking the fearful thing all the way through, and doing what needs to be done, in spite of it. Ask any hero, they know.

Most times when you think it all the way through the fear evaporates. See, all that fear does not make it better, and trying to relax until the results are back won't make it worse.

Like Dee I hope you get a definitive diagnosis and don't have to wait further. Find something to do! In early sobriety I would do something and then go to get something for it and forget what I was doing to begin with. That no longer happens but I used it to advantage back then and just got immersed in something else. Rather than panic I found out about PAWS and then just went with the flow and was working on several different projects at one time and would pass by an earlier one and start on that. I did actually get a lot done that way and was not freaking out thinking I was permanently damaged. I gave it until the end of the first year before I freaked out and sure enough my memory issues resolved completely.

What was I talking about? Oh yeah hope it all comes out in the . . . Oops, now I remember?