Thread: Help with FOG
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 01:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
pinkchampagne

Originally Posted by AndreaB View Post
Pink, I am sorry that your step-father seemed to draw a distinction between you and your step-sisters. I agree, that was hurtful. You may wish to talk to him about this, just mention that it really hurt your feelings and you never thought of him as anything less than your dad. He may have reacted this way because he witnessed your mother's worry and became angry with you as "the cause" of her worry. Its probably just because he loves your mom and doesn't like to see her unhappy.

Oh, with regard to sociopathic behavior by addicts, I believe that although some addicts are sociopaths, the majority are not. Many are, however, selfish and immature because they have spent too much time in a stupor avoiding life and consequently have not grown-up.

Good luck to you dear.
Thanks I think you are right I should tell my dad how that hurt. I know ive disappointed both my parents its hard to ask for love when they feel that way.
I never thought of my boyfriend as a sociopath but I read Cynicalone post and then I really wasnt sure what it was like a mental disorder, so I had to look it up and found all these things. But they dont sound like him, its more like what you said in that he hasnt outgrown some of the selfish behaviors and lying that he did when he used drugs 3 years ago. So hard to figure all this out.