View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
buntzhouse

Originally Posted by LosingmyMisery View Post
You're right. I personally was crazy for over 25 years. Crazy drunk that is. I can not applaud anyone who says they are trying to quit, or cut back, and with in a few days is drinking again. I don't view that as better. I view it as still drinking. It will not earn a round of applause from me, but I can and will support and encourage them to keep trying, though. In all fairness, perhaps other individuals drinking hasn't reached the heights my had so perhaps they can't relate. I also was a part-time drinker until I progressed to a daily drinker 24/7. Crazy or just wiser through experience? I definitely know I can speak from my experience and I'd hate to have anyone suffer the way I did through years of progression. For myself, in the beginning, making the journey my own nearly put me in the grave. Some of us don't make it. That is a fact. This is serious and being called "crazy" for recognizing it for what it is...is crazy in itself.
I can see where you're coming from but for me my drinking never progressed it stayed basically the same for 20 years, only drinking late night and never really get drunk just a nice buzz. There was a time I was drinking only on the weekends for a few months, this was a few years ago, figured I did it before I can do it again.