View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lily
*Grateful*

Originally Posted by UpperbucksAAguy View Post
Not trying to pick a fight- but the book emphasizes over and over that it is "we" and not "me"

The book alone is not designed to get us sober. The book is instructions of how "we" get sober

Life will take on new meaning. To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish, to see a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends—this is an experience you must not miss. We know you will not want to miss it. Frequent contact with newcomers and with each other is the bright spot of our lives. page 89

Both you and the new man must walk day by day in the path of spiritual progress. BB page 100

Some day we hope that every alcoholic who journeys will find a Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous at his destination.- BB page 161
Fight picker!! just jokin'. Okay, so really the point I was trying to make (I was in and out of the rooms for YEARS btw...friends w/ everyone.....) but it was the steps, not the book but working the steps w/ another person....but REALLY it was my relationship w/ my higher power.

Because when no one else is around....and no one can be contacted and it is just me and my HP it comes down to it, do I really want to do the next right thing, and why? It is to please my HP.

(This time around I don't feel like I have to be everyones BFF and have everyone LIKE me cuz what really matters to me is what someone wrote the other day and I find it to be soooo true: If you don’t learn to take your inventory, all your information will come from external sources.

The more I practice taking my inventory and then taking it to God the more I know what I believe in.)

This is what is keeping me sober today.