Old 06-22-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Time2KickIt

Thanks for the replies and encouragement

Hi

I really appreciate all of the replies and support. While I still haven't yet nailed down a quit date I am encouraged that I can do this and look forward to using this board for the support and advice I know I will need.

From the comments you have all confirmed that my initial thoughts (mainly based on reading this board) that I will definitely seek medical advice related to withdrawl.

I look forward to posting again in a week or two once I take the plunge and actually start doing something about my problem rather than just thinking about it.

In the meantime I just want to close off as many loose ends as I can at work before diving into this full blast. I have a feeling i won't be capable of working for a couple of weeks once i do this - so i am hoping to try to get as many things in order as i can. I know this sounds like procrastination or non-commitment but I really think I can do this and given that I have the luxury (at least right now) of not being forced to do it I might as well try to plan things with as minimal disruption to my family and employer as possible.

Thanks again to all who post and support those that do - reading these has definitely helped me convince myself that although this will be a hell of a fight - it is one that I CAN win.

I am still scared s***less but I know I have to do it.