View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Loopydays

Bread in a hardware shop!

Had second marriage counseling session yesterday- it again was an eye opener. I listened to a lot of lies and quacking - he never realized how much his behavior hurt me- and couldn't believe it as he does not like to hurt anyone! At the end of the session it culminated in my telling him how his unreasonable demands for money were the most hurtful of all. He looked the counsellor in the eye and said I did not know about this- though I had written it in the letter he had to read aloud to his group in rehab.
When we got home, later that evening I asked him what he thought of what I said- only to get I said sorry in counselling - do you want me to say sorry every day cos it won't happen!!
So there I am trying to buy bread at the hardware store - the man is not ready to address his behaviour- no point in carrying on with marriage counselling- I should concentrate on safeguarding my future instead.
He also said that he should leave as he was making me too unhappy, and he couldn't handle the stress- next time he try's that I might just open the door for him- it would swipe the quack off his face.
Vent over, thank you- I am finally realizing that he will not change- and so the real question is how much longer I can live with him