Old 06-21-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TassieGuy

OK guys, sorry I wasnt aware of the rules - wasn't so much a "right or wrong" question, more a confirmation that someone else had heard similar advice.......especially as there is so much conflicting info regarding Benzo.

Thanks for the welcome Artsoul. Yes I spoke to my Dr about my concerns and he was very much of the opinion "better to be safe than sorry". I am just very reluctant, especially after reading so many people making it through the initial period successfuly without it. Just seems wierd to me to solve one drugs problem with the use of another.....

No Bob, I didnt ever think I really had a problem (my extended family drink more than me...) until I made a snap decision to quit - and have learnt a whole lot about withdrawal very quickly. No AA - didn't think i'd need to, but will now consider it thanks.

Will take your advice Dee74, I guess I was not hoping for more $$ and ill be honest, was hard enough fronting up to one. I really appreciate the responses even though you aren't allowed to comment on medical side, thanks very much again.