Old 06-21-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

Welcome to SR, Time2KickIt. You will find a lot of support here. We have all been where you are...the realization that we have a problem and the desire to seek recovery. You can do this, but I highly suggest medical help. One way is to see your doctor and lay it all out there about your drinking and your desire to stop, and your concern about withdrawal. Your doctor can help you, and yes, you may need to take some time off work.

If you can take time off work, another suggestion is to go to a medical detox facility. I took this route and cannot say enough good things about it. You will be monitored and your vitals checked several times a day. You will be well fed and have classes where you will learn coping skills for when you are outside and the cravings hit. The cravings will hit. But, you can have the tools to combat them and in time, they will become more faint and occur less often.

So glad to see you here! You can do this and we are here 24/7 to help in any way we can. Again, welcome to SR!