Old 06-21-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
allthatsgood

I am also in a similar situation in that I'm not quite sure how much financial support to lend to my son who is in a sober living house. He has been on numerous interviews but has not landed a job. He had a job for 3 days but they felt he could not keep up. he was down and embarrassed he had lost the job, especially since he told everyone he had a job. he never had a problem landing a job but now he is in nyc and it is tougher. Had another interview today so we will see what happens. I want to support his recovery by paying for the sober living facility because i feel it has helped tremendously. on his 90 day anniversary (in 2 weeks) he goes back to the rehab to talk with the clients there - that's part of the living arrangement. I don't want to take that away from him. He's not asking for money other than for me to buy a subway card and snacks. it's hard because i don't want to enable him which is something i did all the time in the past. but in the same token, i don't want him to have to leave this sober house and the people who take him to meetings, encourage him, support him. no easy answers.