Old 06-21-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ED1969

Got a healthy dose of good guidance today from my counseling session. Lots of encouragement to "Let Go" of the unknown outcomes and the thoughts of repairing and reconciling the marriage at this point in time.

Another great analogy was given starting with the Bible verse that speaks about not looking back when plowing your field. The context of the scripture wasn't important to the analogy, but the message was. He was telling me that working on myself right now required great focus and no distraction. I'm having to plow MY field and my wife, HERS, without "looking back", or being distracted by each others work. He then spoke of the time we might begin to address "us" again by saying that might come when it's time to sow the seeds, or maybe when the crops are being tended and kept up, or maybe not until harvest, or maybe not until the feast is enjoyed.....maybe even not at all. Point being all these things must happen when you are farming the land regardless of whether it is me doing it on my own plot of land, or us doing it together. Either way requires that I focus on my task at hand all the way from the plow to the plate. Maybe not nearly as articulate as was presented today, but the spirit of the message resonated.

Just wanted to share that as a sort of update....this was a portion of my session today and it was very helpful.

Thanks again for all the help, guidance and feedback...my story continues...