View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

I didn't deal with day five. I was only aware really of day 7 and 8. It was like the indifference between natural childbirth and getting drugs. I chose in hospital detox and drugs, no natural detox for me, I have a yellow stripe a mile wide on my back after failing to quit daily every morning for years while sick as a dog.

But boy were the next few weeks a roller coaster! We hung in there because we had to or die for some of us. For others it was because we were losing or lost the love of our lives. Some have no problem getting through it without drinking from behind bars. I did learn one thing though. Each day I didn't drink was one more day of healing I would never have to do again. Think that one through. You will never again have to deal with day five. It does get better every day but there are setbacks and fast forwards all along the first couple of weeks. We are here for you like all were here for us.

Keep posting as others will read your posts when they first come here and read before they dare to actually register and post. And so will I. The simple response is you can, it is up to you, if you will.