View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tetra

I feel very down

Hey everyone,

I have been sober for 6 months. I have a lot of family stuff going on at the moment. My uncle has been diagnosed with bladder cancer and my sister is going through a tough time with her husband. He is from Romania and doesn't treat her very well, they are constantly fighting.

I have become friendly with a guy from a different country. We started talking online and I decided to meet him in person. I travelled to Dublin to meet him. I didn't want to hide it from my parents so I decided to discuss it with my father, I knew what his reaction would be, he told me to break off all contact with this man, which I have not done yet. I talked to my therapist today and he said that this sneaking around and lying is similar behaviour to what I was doing when I was drinking. He said if my parents knew they would not trust me again. I enjoyed this man's company, it has been a long time since I had enjoyed a man's company so much. My therapist was annoyed with me and I feel sad and bad now. I left my therapy session feeling very down. I have just come from an AA meeting. I feel very sad today.