View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
XXXXXXXXXX

So sorry. I too had a lost the relationship with my fiance to his alcohol. I left 3 weeks before the wedding date, Last April. Following that he told me he was changing, getting sober, asked for my support. I tried to be a friend, but it was never enough for him. It also became abundently clear that he was still drinking.

Like yours he drunk called my parents, friends and sister at all hours of the day and night. He called my work. He showed up at places he knew I would be. After telling him I would not be part of his life as long as he continued to drink I blocked his calls, which meant he called from other numbers.

I got a restraining order at the beginning of this month. It was pretty easy to do as he had sent the threats by text. I just printed them out and took them to the courthouse. Immediately they assigned an DV advocate to me. In this state you don't have to be currently living together for it to be considered DV, just that you did at some point. Check laws in your state because they vary.

The DV advocate was awesome. She knew all of the laws and helped me file all of the paperwork. They first gave me a temp order and a court date. After he was served the temp order he texted me to tell me how stupid it was that I filed it. I printed it and faxed it to the sheriff. They immediately wrote a warrant for his arrest.

Had he showed up for the court date for the 180 day order, he would have been arrested there, and he probably knew that. He didn't show. I was granted the order. When they served it to him the next day, they also arrested him, a condition of bond was that there was to be absolutely no contact with me.

It has been quiet ever since. He has not called my family, friends, or work and I have gotten no calls or texts.

I never imagined I would have to do that, but I'm glad I did. print any text he sends, especially ones that threaten.