View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
heathersweeds

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
"Should I stick to the "my feelings were hurt" thing or just drop it?"

stick with the my feeling were hurt thing and yer prolly practicing behavior that got ya drunk in the past.

acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation—some fact of my life — unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life’s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.
You are so right tomsteve!! You and sapling always help me get back to basics! Had another situation happen a few nghts ago. Real quick, a friend I worked with for 16yrs called and said she was in the area, wanted to pop over. When she arrived she was drunk and had her 2 children with her ages 12 and 17 very big girls. They helped themselves to the pizza I had ordered for myself and my son, because it was dinner time when she called. We talked about the job for awhile and my friend told me I was not that great of an employee(she would switch hats, part time supervisor)

That felt like a knife went through my heart. Immediatly I started to shake with anxiety! I was back in the same place I was 2 yrs ago. This I had to call my sponcor in for. She said to me, 'why did that sting so much heather? Is it because she hit on something?' It's true. I wasn't the best employee. The job I prided (key word) myself on for 16yrs was actually my employers doing ME a favor, not the other way around. This was a tough one to swallow! Admitting to myself that for 16yrs I ran myself with ego! cr@p!!! back to the drawing board! lol!