View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
heathersweeds

Darn! I acted like my mother!

Hello my friends in recovery. Holiday weekends are so hard. Where do we ever get this imaginary perfect June Cleaver family life?? lol! Oh, right! Tv and honestly, why would I set my expectations to television?

Anyway, expectations are what got me in a heap lastnight.My daughter loves to go spend a lot of her time in a drug infested where her boyfriends parents live. I was both mother and father to my children. I thought a text would be nice from her or maybe comming home around 7pm so I could go to a meeting. You know, "mom helps me so much financially, maybe she'd like to go out with AA friends tonight" HA WRONG! I have to admitt to you all I acted out badly. I made her feel very bad and she cried

What a jerk right! I can't expext this kind of stuff from a 19yr old! I'm 39 and just learning this. I apologized and hugged her. I don't know what else to do though. She had a job interview, but she said after we can talk about it. Should I stick to the "my feelings were hurt" thing or just drop it? It was a day for honering a parent and she chose to spend it with active drunk abusive bf's father. And would anyone else feel hurt or am I being selfish?