Thread: Seeing Red
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
dollydo
I'm no angel!

I changed the locks, put my ex's stuff out on the porch. He banged on the door and then took his stuff and left. The next day he came back, was drunk and yelling at me from the front yard, he wanted in...I wouldn't budge. He called the sheriff, they said since he lived in MY House for over 6 months (fl law) I would have to let him back in.

I said "Over my dead body", they said "I'll have to arrest you", I said "Fine, he is not coming back in this house, my house, my rules" and put my wrists out," Cuff me". Well, I guess I shook the sheriff up he went back out to his squad car to confer with his partner, as he was going out the door I said "Check XYZ for drugs, look in his right sock".

Ok, so back he comes, seems XYZ has an outstanding warrent for a felony and had pot in his sock, they arrested him and off to prison he went..he had a new home!

Then the sheriff says, I found out I couldn't have arrested you as this was a civil matter, and I was not disturbing anyone or causing any issues. I knew that the sheriff couldn't hold me for anything.

My point is, IF, you really want to get rid of him you will figure out a way to do it.