View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sugah
Om, Aum, Ohm...

I posted in the alcoholism forum a few weeks ago about my daughter's biological father. He shot himself somewhere on or around May 11th and wasn't found until May 23rd, two days before my daughter graduated from high school. These two, so close together--different details, but plenty of similarities--it's a lot for this head of mine to take. I intended to post over here on this forum about the struggle I was having with anger, but I worked through it with my f2f group. Once I could see I was angry with the condition, I could let go of my anger toward the man.

At the meeting last night, I saw an unfamiliar woman sitting at the end of the table. She was unfamiliar until she opened her mouth to speak, and I realized she was a woman I worked with two summers ago. She had lost what looked like about forty pounds, had bruises on her face and arms, and apologized for tripping over the Promises she was reading. She said she'd broken her glasses. It was her first 24 hours sober, and many looks were exchanged across the table. She and I talked on the telephone this afternoon, and she believed it was no coincidence that of the several Saturday night meetings she could have chosen, she chose ours where we were grieving the loss of one of our members.

Thank you for your prayers.

Peace & Love,
Sugah