View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fatale

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
I feel for your situation Fatale. Friends and family just want you to be okay, with little inconvenience to themselves. It's not that they don't care more that they just don't know how to process what you're telling them. I would suggest getting some support from other addicts. Maybe AA or anything else you can find near you. And of course SR is a great place for support x
Yes, I'm sure its not that family dont care. (Maybe in some cases.) But it would be easier for everyone if they asked, rather than doing stuff in confusion and end up working against someones wish.
I also know part of the problem for my mom is that her parents and grandparents died of reasons directly related to alcohol and smoking and she also drinks alot herself. So it might not be easy for her to watch her own son going down the same road.

I have considered going to some AA-meetings. There is one every week just a few minutes from my home, actually. I just dont want to go there when I have been drinking - which I can't stop doing if I have to leave my house.