View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by HIGHBOTTOM57 View Post
Went to my first AA meeting 36 days ago and haven't had a drink since. I had been drinking 2 to 4 alcoholic drinks a day... for several years. I came to aa because i felt guilty about my drinking... i feel it blocked me spiritually. No one in my life has ever complained about my drinking. As far as I can see I have not lost anything because of my drinking. I do feel better now that I am not drinking especially physically. I just feel so different from most people at the meetings. Don't drive ater drinking... usually drink at night after all my work is done. At social events I don't seem to have a problem drinking in moderation. Wish I could find others in the rooms who drank this way. Am I just in denial?Got myself a sponsor, get to 3 or 4 meetings per week... Can't see the how my life became unmanageable.
Hi,

I hope you continue with not drinking.

Yeah, guilt mixed with booze can block spiritual awareness and fitness, has been my experience too. I'm glad you're feeling better not drinking, same here, lol.

Drinking at social events will eventually become less than satisfying as your quality of life succumbs more and more to more drinking, because of the blocked spirituality.

You could be in denial about what defines unmanageable. For example, blocked spirituality defines it as unmangeable enough for me, since the point in being spiritual is to actually experience a wealth and abundance of spirituality. So... yeah, see what I mean?

Hey, good stuff you're talking about all this and looking for better choices. I doubt you're going to end up being more comfortable with your drinking moving forward. Looks to me like you're reaching some seriously important crossroads in you life.