View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
OklaBH

Originally Posted by lfh4555 View Post
Welcome, so glad you`re here. I went to see my physician when I quit, just over a week ago. I had to stop completely because I knew without a doubt that this was killing me, and I have proven again and again to myself that I can't taper off, just one drink and that's it for me, I'll be drunk before the day is done. My drug of choice was alcohol, so I suspect the treatment indicated for you may be different, I don`t know. But it helps to make sure you are physically sound and to get some advice on how to manage withdrawal symptoms. Two of the many suggestions I got from her is to ensure proper nutrition, take a daily B vitamin supplement that contains the whole gamut of B vitamins, try and take some daily exercise and drink plenty, PLENTY of water. She also suggested that I go to meetings every day if I can. Well I can certainly do that, considering I always found time to go to the liquor store, and spend complete weekends and days drinking myself to the point of oblivion.
I wish you a good weekend, and thank you for joining SR. I have found this site to be a wonderful resource when I am not at a meeting and need some good reminders/suggestions and even tough talk on how to live sober.
Take care of yourself,
lh

I totally agree. My doctor has been our family Dr for years. He delivered my sons and has seen it all! When I went to him to discuss my problem I broke down crying like a baby. It was very emotional for me but I knew it could get better.