Old 06-16-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by IAmAbstinent View Post
Is it better to make a big plan for each specific drug or drugs in general?

For example stimulants have been the main problem for me but I also never want to take psychedelics again either however stimulants have been the main issue for me.

I first did it for stimulants but then changed added another 'I will never take recreational drugs again and I will never change my mind'.

Maybe for another clause I will also add 'and I will learn new activities to enjoy life in secure abstinence'.
Your Big Plan sounds right, if "recreational" means any mind altering drugs outside of a prescription from a trusted doctor. Congratulations, I bet it feels different this time.

Your last sentence, though, is your AV sneaking in to propose another clause to your Big Plan regarding what else you need TO DO as opposed TO NOT DO.

What you will be doing in the future is not part of the AVRT method, although the Beast would love to make it so. AVRT sticks to a very particular something you will not be doing, in a very precisely focused way, which makes it pretty easy in the long run.

As you move ahead with your life and make longer plans, it would be perfectly logical to take advantage of counseling sessions from a professional. Good counseling can be a positively creative experience.

When you think about your future, who you are, what you like, what you want, what does it really feel like to you (not IT) as you now realize the simple fact that you will never be getting high again?