View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Markus1

Day 1, no drugs or alcohol

Hello to all, I'm new to the forums and today is my first day at sustaining from using alcohol or drugs. I have already caused many issues because of my addictions. I'm cutting back on drinking because I'm afraid I will go through the shakes etc, if I stop drinking altogether.

I was addicted to heroin, oxycode, and cocaine. After a few years of snorting oxycodone, I turned to injecting it, which was a bad idea because I decided to share a needle. I was in bad withdrawal and snorting just didn't do it anymore. I found out 9 months later that I had hepatitis c.

So cutting down on alcohol and then quitting would be my best option. If I keep drinking excessively my liver will have problems later on down the road. I'm not deciding to quit just because of that. I also want to get my life together and continue with my education.

Any tips or pointers would be great from recovered addicts. Thanks and hello to all!

I've been to plenty of AA meetings. I was required to go to outpatient rehab when I was arrested last year, and they required atleast 2 AA/NA meetings a week. I went to 2-3 meetings weekly and I was sober for 3 months, I felt great.

But I relapsed a few months ago and I feel my addiction to alcohol and other drugs will get to where it used to be before I was arrested.