View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
FrenchPink
Sober Mammoth!

Good Friday evening, boaters.

Thank you to every single one of you for your absolutely incredible messages of loving support for me today. I truly needed all of your cyberhugs. I had hesitated - was kinda embarrassed really - to say anything about losing my job, which is so very insignificant in light of authentically difficult issues some of our May mates are facing. But then, our class is all about helping each other through. Something Thursday had mentioned about one going forward and pulling the rest of us along, too? I think that sentiment is the soul of our class.

My work had offered me opportunities to help many different people, including my bosses, every day in becoming more adept in their profession. There was so much genuine appreciation for the assistance, and my co-workers and I could actually see the positive progress they were making as a direct result. A feeling that's hard to define, but it's both humbling and gratifying.

I took on this job during the later times of fire and brimstone with my ex, including the separation, and subsequent divorce. And finally, gradually reaching back up to the light, emerged a calmer, more thoughtful person. I'm no workaholic, but the job filled many social and emotional voids, albeit in an artificial work culture-ish manner. It also gave me an excuse to continue on as somewhat of a hermit in my personal life, though. It hasn't been a year, yet, but I suppose more progress needs to be made in that arena. Just hit me that I've got the time for that now.

Super-Crew, I had a padlock on my composure all day until reading your heartfelt thoughts to me, and then my tears started rolling. I love the way you write. Thank you for providing the catalyst for a much-needed release. And then, Luling, I read your "What the F are you doing!" frustration with your husband and I laughed so freakin' hard. Thank you for turning my kayak around.

While my work angst pales in comparison to others' more urgent issues, you all treated my pain as if it were comparatively equal in importance. Thank you for that. I am truly grateful. Oh, yes.... and sober!