Thread: QUACKERs....
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
mmk11

AA is a cult
AH: AA is religious based and I'm not religious.* Me: Actually has to do with a higher power as you understand Him. AH: whatever
AH: AA has to do with admitting you are powerless over alcohol. Do you think I"m powerless over alcohol? Me: It's not for me to say.* AH: Well,*I think the person who thinks I have an alcohol problem should be the one to say if I'm powerless over alcohol. Me: It's not for me to say, only you can decide that.
AH: My Valley Hope recommendation is bull****.*They are in the business to make money, so the*questions are skewed so anyone could be diagnosed*as an alcoholic.*If you took that evaulation you'd be an alcoholic too.* Me: Ok, let's go down to Valley Hope so I can take the evaluation. AH: That's not the point.
If I'm an alcoholic, then half the people i know are alcoholics.
I work hard and I deserve to have a drink.
I just had six beers.
I smoke pot to turn my brain off.
I wrapped the bag of pot in*that jacket and*hid it in the bin behind the couch because of the smell. [After he told me there was none in the house].
I bought all that pot because I hate buying pot and meeting with dealers, so I just get a lot at once.
Our marriage counselor told me I'm an alcoholic to make me feel bad about myself.*
AH: You don't take any responsibility for me moving out? Me: No. AH: You don't take any responsibility? Me: No. AH: You don't take any responsibility for the fact that I moved out when you told me to leave? Me: No. I take responsibility for asking you to pack up*your things and be gone by the time I got home, AFTER you told me our marriage was over and you were getting your own place.
AH: You're right, I just need to make a decision. Me: I didn't say that you needed to make a decision. AH: Well I can infer that is what you meant. Me: That is neither what I said nor what i meant. AH: One could logically surmise that based on what you said, that I need to make*a decision. QUACK. I've had so many arguments like this over the last month!**Just another way my AH tries to shift blame for decisions he alone can make by trying*to put words in my mouth and thoughts in my head.**
And based on someone's suggestion on another thread, I did change my AH's ringtone to a Duck - so when I hear the quacking I know to expect to hear something stupid from him.