View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
WineOhNo

Location: i live in my own world, but it's okay, they know me here...
Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
That's good...You have over a couple months..I'm one of those alcoholics that couldn't do it on my own...I could a get some months together and always end up back where I left off...Or worse. Left to my own devices...I'm in trouble. Be vigilant with what you are doing....I never knew what cunnimg baffling and powerful meant till I got into AA...Then I understood why I had so many problems quitting on my own. If it's working for you...That's great...Not for me...And judging by the amount of people I see in the rooms of AA... I know I'm not alone. Best of luck to you....Like I said....Remain vigilant.

Thank you. I have always been very strong willed, I just thought that my addiction WAS my will. Now that I know that it's not, when it starts acting up i just roll my eyes at it. LOL. I torture it! I keep two bottles of my favorite wine in the rack and whenever my addiction considers tempting me to open them, I ask myself if that's what I really want. The answer is always Yes - My addiction wants this / but i do NOT!

I know it's a strange way to go about things, but it works for me. I'm done with drinking and my addiction can kiss my tush! Horray!