View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
fairenough

please talk to your doctor before quitting. until starting up again a few months ago, I had quit for a few months with no bad effects. I have drank off and on, with over a decade off. the past few months I did not drink every night, but did tend to drink a lot of wine when I did. Sometimes I had only half a bottle of wine, other times a bottle and a half, plus a couple beers, sometimes wine and a few shots of whatever. that's only been a few months. I've gone through hell with withdrawals. I shouldn't have waited to get medical help. pain I can't describe, stomach cramps, hallucinations, headaches, shaking, freezing, drenching, thank God no seizures. Waited to go til day 8. they gave me fluids by iv and sent me home with antibiotics - I had no idea I have pneumonia, likely from aspirating vomit. day 10 now and this is first I feel even semi alive again. I went to an aa meeting last week and can't wait to go back. I'm just too sick to even go out right now. please look around the site and listen to the helpful people who have been through this far longer than we have. you will find great support, understanding andwisdom. all the best to you.