View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
oinobares

Just my experience:

In the past two years my binge drinking became intense: 5, 7, 10 day stretches were common. After each of these, I generally dealt with withdrawal at home. This included vomiting, total loss of appetite, light sensitivity, heavy night sweats, raging anxiety and panic to the point where I absolutely could not sit still, terrible, surreal nightmares, auditory hallucinations, the usual gamut short of full blown DT. Alcohol withdrawal syndrome is the clinical term I believe. The past two major binges ended with me walking into an ER, because I knew it was going to be worse. In the hospital even on Ativan I had some minor visual hallucinations at night. Recently, after my last binge, I woke up unable to know where I was, couldn't recognize myself in the mirror, and had the words to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star playing over and over in my head though, if it makes sens, I could not recognize them. Total insanity.

It is nothing to fool around with and everyone is different, so the best bet is to seek medical assistance