View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Thumper

I do not know. My kids will not see their dad since he moved to far away. They know they won't see him so no unexpected let downs. My dad is in the nursing home here. This may be his last father's day with us so I'll have him over to the house. I have to think of something for my boys though. It is hard to stay home with them all (either to much bickering or half of them disappear into the basement with video games and I have to argue with them to turn it off and join us). I'll try and plan some fun, yet easy, things to cook (on the grill and maybe cookies or something) as they do like to do that. Movies are so easy for me but never work because one kid in particular can not sit for a movie and it creates way more stress then it is worth trying to manage the situation.

I am thankful that their dad is apparently sober because that at least provides some hope for a future relationship. I am thankful I have my dad with me one more summer -and he is close so I get to see him. Need to do the "I'm thankful for..." thinking today. Feeling very overwhelmed and inadequate lately.