View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Father's Day-How can you make it better?

Someone else started a Father's Day Thread & I didn't want to take over their's so I thought I'd start another one . . .

Father's Day is a tough day ~

our granddaughter will be so excited and want to do so much for her Dad ~ presents, cards, handmade letters - all those things ~

Like so many of the "father's" here - who knows if she will see him or not ~ just depends on how he & his disease are that day

Part of me wants to discourage her from getting her heart so built up just to be let down, but that's stealing her joy ~ so we will do everything she wants to do for father's day and if he doesn't show up on Sunday, then I will tell her - that's just a day on the calendar - it can be "father's day" any day of the year that her & daddy get to spend the day together ~ just save it in a special place in her room til he comes by.

And then we will focus on something else . . . I plan on having lots of different activities schedule for the day. . .decorating her room, helping me cook a special dessert for PawPaw (Mr.PINK) and many other little fun things she likes to do.

Mother's Day & Father's Day are always hard for our granddaughter - she misses her parents, she still remembers when she had that little family unit just over 3 yrs ago ~

It will be my first Father's Day without my Dad (he passed away in Sept 2011) so it will be good for both she & I to be busy & focused on something positive & productive ~

and if we both need a moment to tear up - we will take it but then we will face the rest of the day with total PINKNESS

so I know many of you will probably face challenges on this Father's day with your children, grandchildren & even great grandchildren . . .

What are your plans to make it a positive experience instead of focusing on the hurt & the negative? How can YOU make it better?

Just something to think about

PINK HUGS,
Rita