View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sapling

Originally Posted by Cinderblock18 View Post
You sound just like me too! Fully functioning, Mom, wife, great job, great everything. Weekend binge drinker only. But I can tell something is not right with my drinking. Even though everyone else says that I don't have a problem. Things with drinking have started to transition into a more serious drinking. It's not as fun as it used to be. I used to be the life of the party, and while I'm still fun, I can tell I'm thinking about what my next drink will be. How long can I keep this awesome buzz without getting too overboard? The thought of going to AA, admitting I have a problem, and giving up drinking forever is flat out terrifying. I'm in your boat, convincing myself I have a few good years in me before I really get down the road to serious problems.
The thought of going to AA, admitting I have a problem, and giving up drinking forever is flat out terrifying.

I'll tell you something more terrifying than that...No kids...No husband...No job...No nothing. You say it's not as much fun as it used to be?...That's a good sign it's not working....I hope you don't take a few good years to figure that out...Listen to me....I already figured it out for you.