Old 06-12-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Thanks for the reply Aussie. I have done the crash course and I credit AVRT with getting me sober (along with SR of course). It's been incredibly useful to me. Thanks for pointing out the word thing though, I really think things like that are important. I still use the word recovery on the basis that I don't feel recovered though. I may not have fully understood RR but maybe it was just not for me long term.

I am going to AA now Dalek...Basically after a few months of sobriety I was feeling a bit lost seeing as all my friends are drinkers. And also fear of AA kept me drinking for a long time and I felt like it was something I had to face up to. The fact that I really, really did not want to go made me think I should do it. And it has been fantastic. I literally have nothing to be afraid of now. I am abstinent but I also call myself an alcoholic because again, it was a word I was terrified of. I don't want my sobriety to be dependent on any conditions. I will go to AA and do the steps by choice but also continue to read the AVRT stuff and anything else which may help me.

Thanks x