Old 06-12-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
SamanthaIam

FIRST, oh no, KatMitch! What's going on? I'm so glad you posted... <hugs>

Me, I'm doing really well. I am proud of myself for getting it together. This is "real" Day 3 for me... I wavered/waffled/worried for a couple of days before stopping altogether. My last drink was on Saturday night, so I changed my sober date to 6-10-2012.

The panic and feelings of dread from those first couple of days have subsided (thank God).

Last night I was quite irritable, but the great thing is now I can feel that and just go, "aha, it's the alcohol withdrawal." INSTEAD OF taking those feelings seriously and picking a fight with someone.

The last 2 nights I've slept really well. Last night I had really wild dreams.

For me, the sleeping thing is one of the best things about not drinking. For the past several years or more, I think I didn't ever really sleep. I just drank until I passed out, which isn't the same as healthy sleep. Then I'd come to, and pretty much start drinking again. So no wonder I felt like I was going a bit crazy ... and yeah, doing that for years was making me into an out-of-control thinker/monster.

I know it's very early in the process for me, and having done this many times before, I know there are some tough days ahead, but just having a couple of days of relief from the insanity makes everything seem so much more manageable.

Last evening I was jonesing for a drink, or just kind of thinking about it ('cuz I was feeling better, so of course the alcoholic in me started to say "oh, goodie! now we can party!"), so I made a list of all the things I can do instead of drinking. It started like this:

-- Have a big glass of water
-- Read SR
-- Go for a walk
-- Go for a bike ride
-- Read
-- Play with the dogs
-- Call someone
etc etc etc It's quite a long list, but you get the idea.

I havent checked blood pressure yet today but I feel good.

How's everyone else? When I started this topic, I named it for calling in all the reinforcements for ME, but now I see this is really about how we are all reinforcements for each other. I care about all of you! I am so so so grateful for your help.