View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Well, the harm in occasional recreational use is that nobody knows that they are going to become addicted. It always starts out as occasional recreational use. No one begins using with the thought that they may become addicted. It's that "it can't happen to me" attitude.....it sneaks up on them and they're hooked.

Is it worth the risk? That's an individual choice. But for me, the risk of being in a car with someone who is "holding" isn't worth it. If we were to be pulled over and it was discovered in MY purse because the holder needed to ditch it somewhere......I'd be the one facing charges of possession....for instance.

The attitudes and behaviors associated with drug use are what really bother me though. They are not dependable, often irritable, along with a whole myriad of other unacceptable behaviors. And for me, I'd rather not be around it and I certainly wouldn't purposefully get into a relationship with someone who thought even occasional use of drugs was "ok"......because occasional can become frequent and addiction in the blink of an eye. Not worth the risk to me. It would be a deal breaker.

Good for you for getting into the 10k and tennis coaching! Ahhhh.....I remember the days of training for those runs. This old body just can't do it anymore but I sure enjoyed it while I could. I settle for yoga and an elipitical now.....low impact!

gentle hugs
ke