Old 06-11-2012, 08:12 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
SamanthaIam

Thanks, Inner. I feel like I'm on my way and have put together a couple of days without drinking. That feels good. Working through some of the predictable withdrawal symptoms fine -- the panic has calmed now so I can handle the physical part. The doctor I'm working with has me on some natural remedies and vitamins, but no drugs (pretty much at my insistence, so we found another way). Monitoring blood pressure because that spiked off and on over the weekend. So far so good, though I know I'm not out of the woods yet in terms of possible danger from making this transition. I hope I haven't ruined my health and that there's healing for the damage I'm done.

Best thing in the world is waking up and knowing that I didn't do shameful, stupid, embarrassing, hurtful, destructive things last night! Second best thing is knowing for sure I am not going to do those things tonight.

I appreciate you guys so much! I honestly wouldn't have gotten this far without you. I'd probably be down at the C-store right now getting some more poison if I didn't have all of you being so kind.

Katmitch, how are you doing?