View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mainza

Huge challenge coming up this weekend

I have been sober since Thanksgiving, so a little over 6 months. I feel great, my life has improved and I am becoming a better person. I have been a binge drinker for the past 10 years or so. I am in a wedding this weekend and will be with some old drinking buddies. They have an idea that I have 'cut back' on drinking but I am anticipating they will be getting quite drunk and I will have to keep alert and refuse any offer to drink. I have been around these friends since I have quit but they do not know that I am working to remain permanently sober.

Something I think will be helpful is to keep a non-alcoholic drink in my hand at all times. If people see I am drinking something, they may be less likely to offer me a drink. If an alcoholic drink is offered, I will say no thanks. I will be retiring to my hotel room early.

This will be my biggest test since quitting and I am confident I can handle it but I am still nervous. I know that I will either feel miserable the day after the wedding or I will feel great and stronger. I will feel great and stronger.

Please offer any support or advice. Have you been in this situation or something similar?