Old 06-06-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by RR: TNC p. 84
.... you will be tested, and you will either pass or fail. The test will be in the form of real life experience when your Addictive Voice acts up. If you recognize it, you will pass, and if you fail to recognize it, you will drink or use.
Dalek, this quote you posted from RR: TNC does indeed support your belief that in order to succeed at not using again, you MUST recognize the AV. But there is a quote some pages earlier that shows that the logic being used that you MUST recognize your AV in order to not use does not diminish the stand alone invulnerability of the Big Plan. (highlighting added)

Originally Posted by RR: TNC p.40
With your Big Plan, Addiction Diction, Shifting, and knowledge of the Structural Model, you are secure. You cannot fail to recognize your AV because there is nothing more conspicuous to a formerly addicted person than ideas of indulging once again.
Now you are saying -

Originally Posted by Dalek
In order to actually use, that last bit of AV, the "I will use" part, has to not be recognized (objectified) as AV
Well, in my mind, this is the height of squirrely AV deviousness. I think you will see here that you are claiming to have done the impossible - you failed to recognize your AV only split seconds after being entrenched in AV recognition and possibly even with a cigarette in one hand and a lighter in the other (which scenario, by the way, could easily be part of a Shifting exercise).

I'll repeat from p. 40 "You cannot fail to recognize your AV because there is nothing more conspicuous to a formerly addicted person than ideas of indulging once again."

As I see it, you DID recognize your AV all the way through the event, and decided what the heck, since I don't have a Big Plan this is as good a time as any for smoking, so I'm going to go along with IT.