View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
AlwaysGrowing

I would like to add to this. Life is about living, but to me it really is about serving others. We can all live in selfish ways which by nature is addictions core... BUT to serve is to recover out of self and live by serving others.

I don't believe in Budda, but Christ. I believe in grace. That belief in God and Grace has allowed me to be sober today for 20 years, buried a wife, and lead my kids and now two other kids with my new wife. Grace saved me. Serving keeps me humble.

AG

Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
I'm reading an interesting book called "If The Buddha Got Stuck". It deals with attitudes and tools to use in getting yourself unstuck from situations and developing an unstuck mentality where you take care of yourself.

One statement that really smacked me between the eyes was about what is the purpose or meaning of life. The answer is: to live.

I have had all sorts of different beliefs and such but that one really got to me. I have been looking at my life as a noun. I am a ... enabler, codie, husband, father, grandfather and so on.

Life isn't a noun, it is a verb. It's not something I am, it's something I do. Such a slight little twist in perspective has had a major impact on how I am viewing my life.

Your friend,