View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by princesssarrah View Post
Thank you alforcnm everyone keeps telling me to leave him and all this but I want to sgtand by his side... support is good for him.. ill be selfish if I leave

And for everyone saying I shudnt want my kid around it... she barely even talks to him he is amazing wit her when they do interact...
So many of us land here rationalizing our own roles in situations beyond our control. Putting one's child and own interests before that of someone into the cycle of addiction is healthy stuff- the opposite of being selfish.

Many are afraid to leave because they fear lonliness or are dependent on the addicted person for financial recourses.

There is nothing you can do or say that will keep him clean or cause him to relapse. You are not that powerful. None of us are. If love is all that it took, none of us would be here, right now.

None of us are qualified to treat or support someone in addiction. If he needs support, there are numerous agencies, churches and the Salvation Army. This one more time thing becomes 1000 more times.