Old 06-01-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
StevenT

"We see that, regardless of the presence or absence of material success in our lives, we can be content. We can be happy and fulfilled with or without money, with or without a partner, with or without the approval of others. We've begun to see that God's will for us is the ability to live with dignity, to love ourselves and others, to laugh, and to find great joy and beauty and joy in our surroundings. Our most heartfelt longings and dreams are coming true. These priceless gifts are no longer beyond our reach. They are, in fact, the very essence of God's will for us." It works how and why, page 112.

I can relate to what you are going through. As of right now I am several thousands of dollars in debt, homeless, jobless, no family going to bat for me as I have burned those bridges long ago. I have only two garbage bags of possessions, and a fiance that cheated on me six days ago. Yet with these things, today I am truly happy, for I am sober. Today, and just for today, I have things going on in my heart and soul that I have never had before, and it's because I'm clean and sober, and doing something to stay clean and sober. My HP, who I choose to call God, has granted me what I truly want and need, and that is a happiness from within that is not dependent on what is on the outside. There is nothing in this world that can give me the joy of being able to experience life as I now do, clean.