Thread: Day one for me.
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
needtobe

Day one for me.

Hi everyone,
My day one today :-)

I have read a lot here and realise I need some sort of program to keep me focused and strong. I have arranged to talk to a telephone counsellor 2x a week, and am planning to take up exercise in a few days when I feel physically strong enough. Also will be reading on here A LOT! I would be really grateful for more suggestions about what I can add to my program?

I'm so pleased to have found this board! I read a forum post in the relationships section about "obsessive relational progression" and it was one of the most jaw dropping moments in my life as it described me so perfectly. I get so obsessive (dangerously so) about my dating partners I physically feel I cannot survive a day just living with the obsessive thoughts that I had about them 24/7 (especially when apart)......... I drank (2 bottles of wine a day) to escape from the obsessive feelings.

I really don't want / can't go back to drinking. It has been 10 years and after multiple attempts to stop I really have reached my breaking point. So I'm determined to do it properly this time, commit to it and invest all my time and energy into doing positive things to help me see that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for reading :-)

Joanne x