View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
IvanKatz

FMTT,
Let me give you a little heads up. If you manage to get a few weeks under your belt, your addict brain will screw with your head REALLY BAD!
I just want to warn you that you may be playing with matches in the middle of the hay barn.

I have pain meds in my house right now but they are under the supervision of my wife. I told her to keep an eye on them. Yes they are available to me at any time but I cannot tell you how tempted I've been a few times to pop one when I wasn't in serious pain. I took me a YEAR to get to this level of control. My control is not just the strength to resist, but rather the fear of disappointing my wife as well. Disappointing her is the worse thing I could ever do.

My ADHD thing is something I've had all my life and I do agree with you when you say anyone can be diagnosed and medicated. Way too much of that going around for sure.
That is one reason I went the best Psychiatrist in this area. I did all the tests, He interviewed my wife and friends, went to many sessions. He just didn't dole out the pills on the first visit.
There was no doubt I need some help and I got it.
Of course, my situation is unique. I want to emphasize that seeing a mental health expert is a wonderful thing you can do for yourself. I know first hand how good it can do for person. Everyone is different and we all do things for different reasons.