Old 05-30-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
GridLock99

Originally Posted by davaidavai View Post
What sort of spirituality do you practice? It looks like you are definitely seeking answers. I feel hopeless too a lot of the time, especially when I am hungry or really tired.
I wouldn't know where to start to explain. I could sum it up as principles, or as non-religious spirituality (in broad/undefined terms)

Have looked into a lot of different approaches & systems. & have covered most the past life/inter life material - such authors as Ian Lawton, Andy Tomlinson, Robert Schwartz, Kubler Ross, Michael Newton, & Brain Weiss. Theosophy/Alice Bailey, Zen, Buddhism (only parts; I largely disagree with all mainstream Religions), 'New Age' Spirituality (in the broadest terms/many authors/subjects [including mindfulness & meditation). The entire history of Self Help (very interesting when explored). Reiki, Cartouche/Egyptian Healing system, & Energy Healing (trained in), also tried many many alternative healing modalities. Integrative Psychotherapy. Trans-personal/Jungian/Depth/Esoteric psychology (had ongoing counselling with) [spiritual emergency/emergence/healing crisis] (personal investigation). You name it - have collected hundreds of books on these subjects as well.

Life can really be baren and empty. But luck changes, life changes. And I think the beginning of change is taking those ash gray moments, sitting with them, listening to what life is telling you, what others are really saying. Acceptance. If we can do that and build strength there, then maybe we can form a new relationship with life. Sometimes if I am being honest with myself and really listening, the world seems so beautiful and intelligible.
I just feel done in from it all. I love the natural World; & I try to have compassion for Humanity. But I see such Madness in the World. The UK is like some low security; open air prison/lunatic Asylum. 'We're' bringing on Civilisation/Ecological Collapse; in the name of a consumerist profit driven/debt based materialistic paradigm, held up on a System of Corporation/Banking Control, Greed & Dominance, & the Dominance of largely defunct Economic, Political & Religious [& military/Industrial] Systems - that very few seem to really seriously question or consider; all combined with a myriad of endless trash & distractions fed to us by mainstream media/culture; with an abysmal education system, & largely bad materialistic/reductionist 'scientifically' dominated medical & social care systems. I despair of it. Given where we're headed & the problems that we're facing; I feel that we're on the verge of a mass die off; but at least that possibility may give the Earth a chance to recover & something better to come in place of the present Lunacy? I don't like the current Culture/Society that we're living in; I think it's sick & rotten to the core.

But I may be wrong with it all - I may be wrong about a lot.