View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 02:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

E.P. you have wonderful parents who love and care for you. You and your disease have created a situation which they are illequipped to handle, but they are doing the best they know how, just like my parents did for me when they dragged me out of the park. My life had been unmanageable for some time and good parents do the natural thing, and step in and manage things. When I began to get well I ran into some resistance on that front, and it is entirely understandable. They wanted me to get well more than anything and still had dounbts about my ability to do that and cope with life. I had let them down before on many occasions, so it was not surprising they wanted to keep a close eye on me.

But as I worked the steps, they and some of my old friends began to see a change in me, before I was aware of it myself, and as I changed so did they. Forget about co-dependent bs, that's only a name they call people who really care about sick alcoholics. Do your best with the steps and evrything else will come right.