Thread: Hey Everyone..
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mizz

Hey Everyone..

Good Morning.... I havent posted in awhile. I have been on here daily reading and learning from everyone. It's good to read the stories ( as heartbreaking as they are) and to remember that we are only given a daily reprieve and that is about it. I feel blessed to have made it this far.... 8 days
I have been attending AA on a daily basis. I'm really enjoying the long term sobriety that is being shared in the meetings. I do not have the desire to drink and I am grateful for that.
I was contemplating the thoughts that a person might adopt with being a Alcoholic. Reading some of the posts I see a lot of guilt and shame, embarrassment, no self worth etc.... I remember all of this. We can't change the fact that Alcoholism is a disease. Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change and courage to change the things I can. A truth that resonates with me is that i am a Alcoholic and I will never be able to change that. I am choosing to stay away from alcohol so that my behaviors are in line with how I view myself and how I want the world to view me. I know I cant control what people think and that is not my goal. It's not my business what the world thinks of me. My business is what i think of myself and who I want to be in this world.
I come from a long family history of abuse on all levels. I refuse to let Alcoholism take my life down. I just down right refuse. I do not believe that i am on a pink cloud, a high that will disappear as soon as life kicks in with its mundane crap. I believe that I am learning a lesson here. I need to keep on keeping on one day at a time. ( forgive the grammar)