Old 05-28-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DrivenHeart85
Always, Never & Forever

Update by me, for me, and maybe for you! :)

I wanted to quick jump in and give everyone an update. Not sure who's still all around. I spent last fall depending daily, if not hourly, on this site and on this thread. With the help of TU and the gang that was around then I managed to finally step away from the booze on November 5th. I'm going on 7 months now of not drinking and I'm doing it all by my fantastic self. I've learned the power of myself. I learned the importance in considering other people's opinions but never, ever putting them before my own because I know myself more than anyone else does, I am the one that will have to put up with the consequences of my own actions, it is my life and beyond consequence and coincidence, I am the only driver of my life. I'm also happy to report that I've gotten back into shape and have dropped 42 pounds since then! I remember being on here and reading about people who turned their life around and just being amazed at that and now I AM one of those people who turned their life around and it truly is amazing.

Thank you to everyone who supports this site and thank you to TU and those who helped me gain my footing when everything was upside down. Best wishes to everyone. Gosh, I miss these smiley faces! haha