Old 05-28-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by Buffalo66 View Post
Hi
I am a regular poster over at friends and family

My RAH has been sober 18 months. He was bad off for years, homeless, couch surfing, nearly went insane. The recovery is a blessing and we are all so proud and grateful.

He goes to meetings on an as needed basis. Maybe one every other month. When he does he gets real clear and grounded for a few days, then sets back into strange thinking.

He is now exhibiting what I call driven, manic behavior. He is workaholic. Obssesed with his credit, new cars, newer, better, bigger jobs, is anxious and relentless in pursuing a house to buy. I understand, he is trying to catch up.

My concern is his terrible judgement and talk down of me and anyone else who questions him in any way. I rent, which he says is trashy, and he is going to "rescue " our son from the poverty I brought him to...hmmm.

I supported our son soley for five years during RAH 8 years under the influence. Our sone is almost 8.

He contributes a set sum each month, but must act as if he is solely supporting us. I pay half of everything.

I had to put him out. His drive and obssession with money and acquisition has alienated my son and myself, mainly because of the total lack of emotional concern or connection.

He is taking meds, unsupervised, for anxiety and I believe bi polar disorder, but will not admit to a diagnosis. (none of my business...he says).
You must be a saint !! ... or the best enabler if met in a while. Why do you tolerate that ??

Do you attend Al-Anon meetings ??

All the best.

Bob R