View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
JenT1968

her younger brother went over to it to have a drink. She said her mum flew across the room screaming 'that's MY coke, don't you dare touch it, ever', and says that in that moment she knew exactly what was going on.
After ex moved out it took me a long time to stop taking a sip of every drink I handed to the kids unless I had just poured water from the tap myself, even juice from the fridge had to be checked, and any bottle/cup/glass around and about was potentially spiked (depending on how drunk he was he usually kept a tight hold of ones that contained aalcohol: he didn'twant to harm the kids, but as he got more drunk, he'd be more forgetful. Sipping the drinks had become an automatic habit, I didn't even realise I was doing it anymore.

when he moved out, I cleared out 3 or 4 binbags of empty bottles of vodka, that I intentionally searched for one afternoon, it was cathartic to do a clean sweep. There are some under the kitchen cupboards that I could see but couldn't get to.

I am not the world's most domestic person, but the house is vaguely hygenic, however, 3 years after he stopped living here I will still sometimes move a wardrobe or root around in the shed/loft and find another one.