View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 03:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JenT1968

hope you are having a great time with your friend!

word of experience, exAH agreed to leave our house after I told him I would no longer live with him drinking + all attendent behaviour. He said he would leave so that the kids were less disrupted: very noble. Within 2 weeks he had got signed off work for depression (which I'm sure he was), and was at home drinking round the clock, at one point accussing me of trying to make things uncomfortable for him so that he would leave (err? you have agreed to leave, I come home from work cook dinner for you ask you how your day was and try to be civil).

he did not think I was serious, it took ten weeks and some very blunt words from me (and me deciding that we would go, booked appointments to see some houses to rent).

he rented an apartment and still didn't actually leave for a month, occaissonally going there to "check on the progress with fitting it out" he didn't ever pack any of his things, just one small bag, and as he had a key to our home (we were married) came back and fore at odd, but daily, intervals, I had to ask him if he had actually left, as all his stuff was still here, and he often was.

it wasn't reasonable or civilised: chase that lease paperwork HARD, and stay away from the apt as much as possible to avoid the drama.

(())