View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
12skiptomylue

Step 3 in 90 days

Someone mentioned in another post that if you are still on step 3 and you're at 90 days, you are taking too long. I'm feeling a little paranoid I guess

Step One was a doozer for me, and I did everything my sponsor asked me to do, but I wasn't ready to admit that I was an alcoholic yet. We ended up moving on to Step 2, which was done quickly, and then step 3 which I've been on for several weeks now.

I just came back from being out of town for a week. Recently finished grad school, and an unemployed for the first time in 20 years. I am looking for a job, and it is highly likely that I will be making an out of state move in the next month. There is a LOT of stress in my life right now. Not just with not drinking, but with everything.

If I wasn't most likely moving in the next 30 days, I would at least start my 4th step. But I've seen people going thru their 4th step, and it's HARD. I don't know if I can take it, with everything else going on in my life right now. And even if I started it, I may not be able to finish it before I leave, or I may not be able to complete my 5th step in time.

Plus, my sponsor has A LOT on her plate as well, so doesn't always have the time to meet with me.

I haven't felt that I've been doing it too slow. I've approached each step very seriously, and that I don't want to half-as! it. But life is really unhappy right now, and I don't know if I should wait on my 4th step or not.

BTW, I'm at 71 days today. And also, my name is skip, and I'm an alcoholic. For those of you who have been following my posts, you know what a big deal that is for me to say!